New Summer Organizing Opportunity with Peace Action New York State: State-Wide, Six Week Fellowship for Peace Organizing in New York
Here’s the plan:
Over the course of six weeks, Peace Fellows will create a new, fun & active hub for peace organizing in their community. This group will be permanently plugged into Peace Action and Peace Action New York’s State national and state-wide calls to action to influence U.S. foreign policy through tactics ranging from petitions and call-in days to in-district meetings and protest actions.
We’re all here to make the world a better place – but we need more of us taking action around U.S. foreign policy to make that vision a reality. And that is where our fellows come in.
Peace Fellows are a part of an inaugural class of community organizers working across New York for peace, diplomacy and common sense U.S. foreign policy.
Together, over the course of six weeks, we will:
- Learn about key peace issues & votes your Representatives have taken on these issues in the recent past.
- Identify allies for peace in your community & spaces that will support your work
- Reach out to allies to build your team of peace activists
- Hold a community teach-in on key peace issues & identify a plan forward for you to take action together with your allies on key U.S. foreign policy issues.
- Plan a public event with your allies & transition resources of your chapter to new leadership, and help identify a leadership structure for the chapter.
- Host a public event for your community chapter, and connect the new leadership with their state-wide and national Peace Action networks.
And we’ll do it with joy, and together, we will win.
Here’s are the logistics:
This is an unpaid, part-time and remote position, but applicants must be based in New York state for the duration of the internship. The six-week program will last from June
Here’s what we need from you:
To apply, fill out this google form: https://goo.gl/forms/buSabPhlTmlOiRU12
Applications are due by May 1st. Good luck!