November 3-5th, 2017 | SUNY University at Albany
The 2017 Student Peace Conference will:
- Help build the momentum of the peace movement to oppose endless militarism of the U.S. in conflicts worldwide
- Connect students in a community to address and find solutions to the challenges of on-campus organizing
- Provide students with the tools to plug in to national and grassroots campaigns to promote sustainable peace and justice
- Create space for the development of critical community organizing skills and campaign development
- Support student-led peace activism and leadership development in creating a better world for us all.
Peace Action New York State is empowering the next generation of peace leaders.
Together with committed student leaders working for peace, we are shaping U.S. foreign policy to prioritize human needs over military solutions. We’ve accomplished so much together in the last year, helping to end U.S. manufacturing of cluster bombs, stopping U.S. sale of cluster bombs to Saudi Arabia, championing the rights of refugees and their resettlement in the U.S. and lobbying our Representatives to stop stealing from our future to pay for today’s endless wars. Join us at the second annual Student Peace Conference as we connect communities of student activists with the tools to take action and build a just and peaceful world.
Conference Schedule to make some change.
This schedule is subject to change, as we continue to plan for our fall conference. Please stay tuned for the announcement of this conference’s list of guest speakers.
We’re working on the foundation of the peace movement: active discussion sections on issues we’re passionate about in community with experts, trainings on the techniques that work with a focus on non-violent resistance and civil disobedience, and skills-sharing workshops to discuss the challenges and best-case practices of on-campus organizing. This fall’s conference will feature a non-violent direct action training by Beautiful Trouble: A Toolbox for Revolution.
Demonstrate your leadership for peace, and practice solidarity for social justice by joining us at this conference.
Friday, November 3rd
- 6:00PM Conference Registration and Sign-In
- 6:00PM Introductions
- 7:00PM Dinner
- 7:30PM Community Discussion
- 9:00PM Check-in at Hotel
Saturday, November 4th
Sunday, November 5th
- 10AM: Breakfast and Close of Conference Team Building Exercise